Friday, December 17, 2010

Day Trip: Biltmore Bar and Grille, Newton, Massachusetts

CHICKPEAS: 5

Last weekend, we took a trip to Boston to see the Pops!  We stayed over night and had breakfast the next morning with friends.  As Newton residents, they knew just where to bring us: The Biltmore Bar and Grille. The menu was creative, the restaurant was eclectically decorated with a collection of old signs and the company was excellent.  All in all, it was one of the best breakfasts I have had in quite a while!

To begin, they brought us breakfast bread.  It was warm and delicious, so much so that we ate it all before we had a chance to take a picture.  This also happened with the order of sticky buns we got to start.

I ordered the S.S.B.L.T.  (smoked salmon, bacon, lettuce and tomato with an egg) which came with a side of sweet potato home fries.  It was the best breakfast sandwich I have ever had.

SSBLT

My Fiance decided on Huevos Tacos (sot corn tortillas stuffed with sauteed onions, peppers, chorizo, colby cheese and eggs on the sunny side, with pork shoulder hash).  Guacamole with breakfast! ... Why didn't I think of that?

Huevos Tacos
My friend ordered French Toast Crunch (thick sliced cinnamon swirl bobka, coated with captain crunch and corn flakes, vanilla frosting and warm apple butter syrup).  I had a bite and had momentary regrets about my selection (even though my sandwich was awesome!).  Oh, and that is ball of butter, not ice cream (I asked). 

French Toast Crunch

Our other friend got a daily special.  I can't remember what it was exactly, other than we fondly referred to it as the meat plate.  He cleaned his plate with no trouble.  

Meat Plate

Our four entrees, sticky buns, two juices, and one coffee came to around $60.  A bit more expensive than our usual breakfast haunts, but well worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment