Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cafe Lebanon

We are premiering a new rating system.  See the tab above for the new explanations.  Be sure to check older posts for updated ratings.


CHICKPEAS: 3


Last week, we met a friend at Cafe Lebanon in downtown Springfield.  It was dead on a Tuesday night during the holiday week.  We were seated in a booth with no one sitting anywhere near us.  I felt the menu was lacking Lebanese authenticity, but I am definitely not an authority on Lebanese food.  Judge for your self...



To start we got hummus and the hummochos.  The hummus was heavy on tahini and light on lemon (I love lemon in hummus).  The guys both loved it.



I got a side of cauliflower as my meal that was quite delicious with a cheesy sauce and artichoke hearts.  



Our friend got chicken and rice.  I was very surprised it didn't come with a vegetable.


My Fiance got spinach pie and some other appetizer that was ground meat in little pockets. 


All of that food, two beers and a soda came to around $60. 

We would go back, but its not at the top of our list.   We found a Restaurant.com gift certificate for the East Longmeadow location and bought it on sale.  That would make another trip more likely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment