Friday, February 24, 2012

The Thai Place (Twice)

It's been a while... Back at it.  Here is a review from April 2011. 
 
CHICKPEAS: 5

On a whim, I purchased a groupon for The Thai Place in South Hadley.  I studied abroad in Thailand and now love eating Thai food.  We went a few weeks ago on a Friday night and then embarassingly again less than 48 hours later for lunch on Sunday.  It was that good!  The meals tasted very authentic, the atmosphere was very casual and the staff was proficient.  Aside from english speaking servers, some authenticity was missing with the place settings.  In Thailand, meals are served with a fork and spoon.  We were given a fork and knife.

When we arrived on Friday night, we were seated right away on a high top table in the bar area.  The tables in this section are divided by dark hanging curtains.  The rest of the restaurant is filled with booths.    The menu had many of the Thai classics I have come to enjoy and the prices were very reasonable.  Most entrees were $9 to $15.  Lunch portions were around $7.

I ordered cashew chicken with a side of brown rice.  The chicken was very moist and full of flavor and the vegetables were very fresh.  My Fiance ordered sweet and sour chicken and pork fried rice.  The sweet and sour chicken was also delicious, and he felt that the fried rice was the best he has ever had. We took leftovers of everything home and had them the next day for lunch.

We couldn't stay away for long.  When my friend came down to visit on Sunday, we took her there for lunch.  We ordered the appetizer sampler to start.  I can't name everything (aside from the obvious satay), but everything I tasted was good.

Appetizer Sampler
I was tempted to order the cashew chicken again.  I was thinking that it was so great, I would be a fool not to order it again.  I was still wavering when the waitress came to take our orders, but I resisted temptation and branched out.  I ordered the pad see ew (wide noodles in a dark sauce) and was again impressed with the flavor and freshness of the vegetables.

Pad See Ew
My friend ordered the basil chicken with a side of wide noodles.

Basil Chicken with Rice Noodles
My fiance ordered pineapple shrimp fried rice.  Again, really great, high quality fried rice.

Pineapple Fired Rice
We took leftovers home again and I had them for dinner the following night.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I ate food from The Thai Place four days in a row.  I wish it could have been five!  We will be back again...

No comments:

Post a Comment