Friday, March 25, 2011

The Cambridge House Brew Pub

CHICKPEAS: 3

We went to the Cambridge House Brew Pub in Granby, CT on a Saturday night with a friend for dinner.  We arrived around 8:00PM and even though the parking lot was filled to capacity, we were seated right away.  We were surrounded by an eclectic mix of couples on dates, families and groups of friends.  Cambridge House had a selection of their own beer on tap, but unfortunately were out of our friend's favorite: dunkel.

Cambridge House beers


I originally tried to order the beer mussels and a side salad.  Side salad came out, beer mussels did not.

Half eaten side salad

After my salad was served, the waitress said they were out of beer mussels.  I wish I had known that before as I might have ordered one of the larger salads with chicken.  As a replacement, I ordered seared ahi tuna over a black bean salad.  The tuna was a bit salty, but other than that it was an okay dish.

Ann's Ahi Tuna

My friends got wings and a pizza, and they enjoyed them both.  Cambridge House has some interesting flavors of wings like lemon pepper.  

Wings

More Wings

Pulled Pork Pizza
At the end of the night, our friend got some growlers to take home.  I forget how much they cost, but I remember being quite surprised at how cheap they were.  



Overall, mediocre service, good beer, okay food.

No comments:

Post a Comment